12:13 PM MDT Friday 14 October 2016
Wind warning in effect for:
- M.D. of Foothills near Cayley
- M.D. of Foothills near High River and Aldersyde
- M.D. of Foothills near Longview and Eden Valley Res.
- M.D. of Foothills near Okotoks and De Winton
- M.D. of Foothills near Priddis and Brown-Lowery Prov. Park
- M.D. of Foothills near Turner Valley and Black Diamond
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Claresholm and Stavely
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Nanton and Parkland
- Rocky View Co. near Bragg Creek and Tsuu T’ina Res.
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
Strong Chinook winds have developed over extreme southwestern Alberta this afternoon. Winds will generally be 60 km/h gusting to 80 km/h however there will be a few peak wind gusts up to 100km/h. Winds are expected to weaken overnight.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #ABStorm.