Minister Lori Sigurdson will be part of the Government of Canada delegation for the commemorative ceremony marking the centennial anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
“The Battle of Vimy Ridge was a significant event in the history of our country. This momentous occasion marks the sacrifice of so many Canadians and Albertans – lest we forget.”
The minister will be a guest of the Government of Canada and join the prime minister’s delegation departing from Ottawa on April 8. The estimated international travel cost for the minister is approximately $1,850.
- The Vimy Memorial is the site of one of Canada’s most significant First World War events and is a tribute to all Canadians who served during the war.
- The ceremony will include the presence of a large contingent of Canadian Armed Forces personnel.
- The event is expected to attract close to 25,000 people, including more than 12,000 Canadian youth
Itinerary for Minister Sigurdson
- April 7: Travel to Ottawa
- April 8: Travel with Canadian government delegation to Vimy, France
- April 9: Attend ceremony at the Canadian National Vimy Memorial
- April 10: Travel to Ottawa
- April 11: Return to Alberta