RCMP: Halloween Safety
Halloween safety tips for parents and trick-or-treaters:
- Wear a light-coloured or bright costume, reflective tape or arm bands to heighten visibility.
- Make sure your costume is properly fitted to reduce the chance of tripping on it.
- Stay away from animals you don’t know. Pets get frightened on Halloween.
- Don’t go into the house for your treats; always wait outside.
- Don’t eat any treats until an adult has inspected them.
- Carry a flashlight so you can see where you are going.
- Don’t criss-cross the street or run out from between parked cars. Always go down one side of the street, cross at the corner, and then go down the other side.
- Watch for cars pulling out of driveways and backing up.
- Don’t trample through gardens or bushes. Always use pathways and sidewalks.