Don’t miss out on the free activities happening on Saturday, with an expanded line up that include a full blues concert from the back of a flatbed truck!
Plus, we’ve added two evening blues concerts at the Rotary Performing Arts Centre, featuring John Rutherford and some talented blues musicians as special guests. Purchase a ticket to just one concert or get a weekend pass. Buy your tickets for the evening concerts before September 10th and get a 20% discount!
Free Family Event
Sat, September 24
Ethel Tucker Park | 10 AM – 3 PM
Old-fashioned carnival games, face painting, horse drawn wagon rides down scarecrow alley, antique tractors, petting zoo, farmers market, blues & record exhibit and talk at the library. Plus a free concert, featuring blues musicians Tim Williams, Big Dave McLean, Debra Power and Darren Johnson.
All events are free unless otherwise stated.
- 10 AM – 3 PM: Old Fashion Carnival Games – everyone wins a prize. 10 games for $5 with all proceeds supporting the United Way Okotoks programs.
- 10 AM – 3 PM: Horse drawn wagon rides down Scarecrow Alley (along South Railway St.). Pick up and drop off at the library
- 10 AM – 3 PM: Bouncy Castles
- 10 AM – 3 PM: Farmers Market
- 10 AM – 3 PM: Fundraising Barbeque for United Way Okotoks: $5 for a burger, drink and chips/cookies
- 11 AM – 3 PM: Live Entertainment (musician bios )
- 11-11:50 AM – Tim Williams
- 12-12:50 PM – Big Dave McLean
- 1-1:50 PM – Debra Power
- 2-2:50 PM – Darren Johnson
- 3:30 PM: free Blues Record Exhibit & Talk at the Okotoks Public Library with John Rutherford. Bluesman John Rutherford gives this free informational and entertaining talk about collecting records, blues music, and album art at the Okotoks Public Library. A gifted storyteller, John will spin yarns about how he grew his collection and his encounters with great blues artists, many of whom he met and played with at Calgary’s famed King Eddy Hotel. Come enjoy this wonderful afternoon of blues music tales.