Mark your calendars for National Injury Prevention Day happening on July 5, 2017
Parachute is excited to introduce National Injury Prevention Day, an important annual recognition day to help build awareness around the devastating impact of injury. Injury is the number one killer of Canadians aged 1 – 44, where one child dies every nine hours.
Parachute is launching National Injury Prevention Day to shine a light on largely predictable and preventable injuries. We want to help Canadians live long lives to the fullest through education, knowledge and empowerment.
- CN Tower – Toronto, Ontario
- 3D Toronto sign – Toronto, Ontario
- Calgary Tower – Calgary, Alberta
- Peace Bridge – Fort Erie, Ontario
- London City Hall – London, Ontario
- High Level Bridge – Edmonton, Alberta
- Vancouver City Hall – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Science World at Telus World of Science – Vancouver, British Columbia
- North Bay City Hall (lit up and will host a flag-raising) – North Bay, Ontario
- Share information about National Injury Prevention Day through your networks directing to www.parachutecanada.org/
nipd for more information.
- Join the conversation on social using #NIPD and #StopTheClock and help us to spread the word and work towards the goal of an injury-free Canada. See our NIPD Social Media Guide for details.
- Take pictures of landmarks lighting up in support and share those on social media with the hashtags NIPD and #StopTheClock too.
- If you can, join us at the Toronto flag raising.