Environment Minister Shannon Phillips invites Albertans to learn more about the province’s Climate Leadership Plan through telephone town halls on December 13 and 14.
The province-wide town halls are part of the government’s commitment to provide Albertans with accurate information on the Climate Leadership Plan and its pillars, including the carbon levy and rebates, ending coal pollution, and energy efficiency.
“This is an opportunity for Albertans to learn more about the Climate Leadership Plan – our made-in-Alberta solution to the very real issue of climate change. It is also a chance to hear directly from Albertans about their ideas, questions and concerns as we move together into a new era of climate leadership.”
How it works
- The telephone town halls will be held over two evenings: northern Alberta on Tuesday, Dec. 13 and southern Alberta on Wednesday, Dec. 14.
- The calls will run from 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Publicly listed telephone numbers, not on the National Do Not Call list, will be dialled and people will be invited to participate.
- Cellphone users and other interested participants may listen to the livestream by dialling into the call at 1-855-808-5160 starting at 6:45 p.m.
- Albertans may also listen and submit questions to the telephone town halls online.
- The 75-minute calls will be moderated. A question-and-answer period will follow Minister Phillips’s opening remarks.
- No personal information will be saved or used by the Government of Alberta.