High energy bills got you down? Find ways to save money by having an energy audit completed on your home.
The Town of Okotoks launched the MyHeat Energy Efficiency Platform at the end of January 2016. This innovative platform provides homeowners with relevant information about their home’s thermal energy efficiency. The Town is proud to be offering a pilot rebate program associated the energy efficiency platform with the intent to encourage home owners to complete a home energy audit. This audit aims to enhance the knowledge and provide further detailed information for home owners about their homes. This audit will result in a factual report with step-by-step recommendations for homeowners of where in their homes they should invest their money to achieve a more energy efficient home and save money on their utility bills over time. To view an example of an energy audit report please see Related Publications.
The rebate program is on a first-come, first- served basis and includes a staggered rebate structure to motivate residents to take action. The rebate, just like the Water Conservation Rebate Program, is applied post-purchase and will be issued by cheque.
Energy Audits completed from July 1 to Dec 31, 2016 are eligible, so please remember to keep and provide your receipt, along with your completed and approved audit report. Please see below for the application submission process modifications.
The program rebate is on a first come, first serve basis so apply early!
- The first ten (10) residents that have their homes audited and submits their invoice and a accepted digital copy of their audit report will receive a full refund of the cost (up to a maximum of $300).
- The next eight (8) residents (applications 11 through to 18) will receive $250 towards the audit.
- The next six (6) residents (applications 19 through to 24) will receive $200 towards the audit.
- The next ten (10) residents (applications 25 through 34) will receive $100 towards the audit.
There are only two requirements to qualify for this program:
- The Energy Audit is completed in accordance with Natural Resources Canada’s EnerGuide new standard ‘version 15’ – Renovation Upgrade.
- The Energy Advisor that conducts the audit has to have a business license to conduct business in Town and MUST be listed with Natural Resources Canada .
As of November 2016, there are only two Service Organizations that are certified to the new Natural Resources Canada EnerGuide ‘version 15’ standard in Alberta:
- AmeriSpec of Canada – 1-(866)-284-6010
- VerdaTech Energy Management & Consulting – (403) 251-0683 / 1-(866)-241-6804
Please be aware of other companies not listed above, who may be soliciting their services. If in doubt, please check with the Sustainability Coordinator, prior to having the company to complete the audit for you. Should you be a Service Organization and would like to be added to the list, please contact the Sustainability Coordinator