Canmore, Alberta – On December 14th a number of charges were laid in relation to a break and enter with a possible firearm investigation. Investigators learned that the residence was targeted by the suspect due to prior knowledge of the residence and the contents therein. Also, the weapon reportedly used in the offence was identified as an air pistol, and not a firearm.
36 year old Jordan Mark Ferguson of Invermere, British Columbia has been charged with 7 offences under the Criminal Code and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. Charges include:
- Use an imitation firearm while committing and indictable offence – Section 88 of the Criminal Code,
- Possess an imitation of a weapon for the purpose of committing an offence – Section 88 of the Criminal Code,
- Break and Enter to a dwelling house and committing theft – Section 348(1)(b) of the Criminal Code,
- Possession of break in instruments – Section 351(1) of the Criminal Code,
- With intent to commit an indictable offence, having his face masked – Section 351(2) of the Criminal Code, and
- Two counts of possession of schedule I and II substances for the purpose of trafficking – Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The accused remains in custody pending his next appearance in provincial Court in Calgary.