AERIUM Analytics is the latest Alberta business to go international thanks to support from the Alberta Export Expansion Package (AEEP).
“Expanding the reach of Alberta businesses abroad means more opportunities for economic growth and diversification – and new jobs – at home. That’s why we are working with business leaders to make it easier to connect with new potential partners, investors and customers from around the world.”
Robird™ is a robotic bird that mimics predatory birds and can be safely used as a non-disruptive technology for preventing bird strikes on aircrafts. This technology also has broad applications in energy, such as preventing birds from landing in tailings ponds or flying into wind power turbines, as well as in agriculture and forestry.
“The support that AERIUM has received from the Government of Alberta and the Alberta Export Expansion Package has been monumental in our growth and exposure to new markets over the past eight months. From Alberta’s International Offices in Japan and Mexico to the trade and investment group in Alberta, AERIUM can proudly say that the Alberta government has been a true partner in supporting the growth and development of Alberta companies and opportunities throughout the world.”
As a partner, AERIUM will be the official distributor and service provider for Robird™ in North America, including at the Edmonton International Airport where AERIUM held a Robird™ demonstration today.
“The Government of Alberta’s presence is critical for our companies to compete and take advantage of international markets. As this project demonstrates, they act as a catalyst for new business relationships and growth for Alberta companies internationally. Opening doors for Alberta businesses to work with international companies is igniting economic diversification, building our technology sector and making Alberta globally competitive. We are proud to deploy Robird™, an example of this technology, locally at Edmonton International Airport.”
Since the AEEP launched in October 2016, 167 applications for funding requests have been approved through the package’s Export Support Fund program, which helps help Alberta small businesses cover costs of breaking into new markets.
To date, the Export Support Fund program has provided approximately $925,000 to Alberta small and medium-sized businesses entering new markets.
- The Alberta Export Expansion Package was announced in August 2016. The package consists of three programs:
- the Export Support Fund
- the Export Readiness Micro-Voucher Program
- the Global Buyers and Investors Program
- The programs are specifically designed to help Alberta businesses expand internationally and are allotted $9 million in funding over three years.
- The Export Support Fund application is now faster and easier to complete, thanks to a new online application portal.
- The Export Support Fund gives eligible Alberta companies ready to export internationally up to $20,000 to ease the costs of exporting to new international markets.
- The Export Readiness Micro-Voucher Program helps businesses offset the costs of developing market assessments or market entry plans by up to $10,000. The limit was recently raised from $5,000.
- The Global Buyers and Investors Program helps the province attract investors to Alberta.